Tuesday, September 28, 2010

MOTHER NATURE DIDN'T GET THE MEMO









Evidently, 
someone didn't get the memo.
It's fall!
Not summer!


You know, those with chronic illness have enough to deal with on a daily basis. We are at the mercy of so many variables; weather being just one of them. In Las Vegas, because the heat of the summer is so unbearable, you really look forward to September because the heat will finally break and it's nice to finally get some decent weather.

No such luck this year.

I don't do well in the heat. Well, let's face it, I don't do well in the heat, the cold, the rain and in humidity. That doesn't leave much does it? I'm sucking down every vitamin that I can think of and the only plus of that is it doesn't leave room for food. Before we get a huge hooray, and nope, I'm not losing much weight.


I'm finding my symptoms have been wandering lately. It is always in my hands; that hasn't changed, however, the muscle spasms have increased in intensity. I've looked at my diet to see if I've eaten anything that would cause the increase in spasms but I'm fairly consistent in that area. Could it be the heat? I've looked at the nightshade issue but, for me, tomatoes don't cause any problems or increase in pain. 


Could diet really have an effect on pain? 


In my case, I'm not so sure. If this is a neurological disorder then stress and environmental factors would have more of an impact than diet. I'm not saying that a healthy diet isn't important, I just think everyone is different and reactions to certain foods are also different for every person. Allergies, intolerances, everyone reacts in a different way. I don't process sugar well and, for me, I shouldn't eat it. I love it but I shouldn't eat it. To lose weight I need a more protein based diet but in my daughter's case she needs carbs included to lose the pounds. Like I said, every body is different.


So it's back to hiding in the house because I hate the heat. I hope next week is better and there is a break in the 100 plus degree weather! 


I'm going to sleep. 


Wake me up when the cold weather arrives.













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!