Saturday, September 10, 2011

WHO AM I AGAIN?














I thought I had it all figured out.
Now, I have to keep asking myself.
Just who am I again?

When the voodoo pain hits all progress that I've made seems to go right out the window. I start doubting myself and my ability to cope with the pain. I crawl right back into the lovely little shell that insulates me from probing questions and comments as to just how bad I'm feeling at that particular moment. I hate answering the questions and when I do make some sort of half-baked comment, I feel like I'm whining.

No sniveling allowed.

I had that sign in my office. I always hated people that came in and you just knew that it was going to be a disaster. I put the sign up (before management made me take it down) to head them off at the pass.

It didn't work for them and it's not working for me.
I'm sniveling.
Or, at least it feels like it.

So, it's back to the same old crap. Why are their such peaks and valleys or is it just me? I was just beginning to feel like my old Type A self and then I got slammed. It's probably because I had a lot to do this week. Then I got an inflamed gum and so it will be a call to the dentist as well.

Geez, let's just pull out that old tiara again!

It's been a real long time since I've had the kind of pain I'm experiencing today. I've started sucking down the pain medication because I just can't fight it. Plus, it's raining so the humidity is off the charts. 

Let's add this up.
Rain.
Humidity.
Trip to the dentist.
Antibiotics.

All this adds up to voodoo pain.

Today, I am going to put the covers over my head.

And I can't find anything to say that will make it all better.

Even poor, sweet baby won't work.