Tuesday, February 7, 2012

MONOPOLY DAYS AND NIGHTS









Moving and Fibromyalgia.
Do not pass go.
Do not collect 200.00
Fibro jail, here I come.


I've gone through a whole house that I've lived in seventeen years. I've purged (some, not enough) and I've thrown (again, some.....not enough) and I've boxed. I really hate moving and I especially hated this move. 

But I'll get over it.

I finally got my bed moved and last night I had enough. I couldn't do one more thing. I've pushed my body to its limit and it was too much. There is something about stress and how it affects your body. When Fibromyalgia is involved, however, all bets are off. You cannot do this without stopping to decompress. 

The problem is that I have very high standards for myself. My personality has really shown through during this move. I've become very pissy and I wanted things done. Did I also mention that I wanted it done yesterday and preferably in alphabetical order? Oh, come on.....who the hell puts moving boxes in alphabetical order?

Me.
Is that ridiculous or what?

The other thing this move has done is that I'm very unsettled. I don't like change that much and this change has been a doozy. I know that I need to look at this as moving forward but I can't get there yet. I can say it in my head but it hasn't reached down into my heart yet. Plus, there are little things that are tough to get used to. First of all, get this.......I have to get up in the morning and walk my little baby dog. He's had a doggie door and now I have to put on his leash and venture out for a morning walk. Now, I'm not a morning person and this dog definitely is. His little fanny wags in excitement for the opportunity to go outdoors and do his thing. I mean, I wouldn't like it if he stood in front of the bathroom door and made me wait but moving first thing isn't my strong suit. It's such a little thing to make him happy but........

My body has slammed me against the wall and shouted, "STOP!"

I better listen to it.

Because this time it's not kidding.

Maybe I'll feel better when I get cable.............