Saturday, August 30, 2014

OK....SO WHAT DOES HELP...AND OTHER NONSENSE









So, if all that doesn't help...
What does help?
A wave of the magic wand.



I went through all the things that are supposed to help but don't; so, I guess I should write about things that might help

Maybe.
Kinda.
Sorta.

Point number 1: Don't call your doctor.
Most doctors will just tell you it's all in your head anyway. If your doctor doesn't believe in Fibromyalgia, it will just make it worse. (if you're in need of medical help ALWAYS call your doctor! Sarcasm, sarcasm, sarcasm.)

Point number 2: Get in bed.
Notice I didn't say get some sleep. We can try all we want but usually deep sleep doesn't come easy, however, sometimes getting in bed can feel heavenly. 

Point number 3: Don't feel guilty if you take medication.
Social Media is tough. Sometimes we are made to feel that if we take opiates we are some kind of addict or that we should be able to tough it out. Everyone has that point and it can be needed to function. If you take medication; please, don't feel guilty. If you don't need to take medication please be kind to those that do.

Point number 4: Get in the water.
Notice I didn't say shower. A wonderful lady I know pointed out an article that discusses this very subject. I always dreaded the shower on those icky days. The water would HURT. Evidently, this isn't unusual. Feeling weightless in a pool, hot tub or even the bathtub can do wonders. Plus, Dr. Frank Rice is doing research on AV shunts in our hands. People with Fibromyalgia tend to have many more of them. These also regulate internal body temperature (maybe why we are so intolerant to temperature extremes). They are influenced by estrogen which could be why more women get Fibromyalgia. 

Point number 5: Try to stay positive.
This is a tough one for me. I'm definitely NOT Little Mary Sunshine. One of my favorite sayings in the world is, "when you see the light at the end of the tunnel.....it's probably the train coming at you full speed." Hey, what do I know? Do as I say...not as I do???  I admit it. I'm the glass is half empty sort of person.

Now, if I'm REALLY being honest?

What helps when it gets real bad?

Take a bath....

Take my muscle relaxers and pain medication.

Hope they take the edge off.

Kinda.
Maybe.
Sorta.

Shuffle off to the bedroom.

Get in bed.

Turn on the TV.

Pray I go to sleep.

Pray tomorrow will be better.
















.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!