Wednesday, October 21, 2009

PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE





We all have experiences that have shaped us. Some are good, some are not. We look back on the ones have hurt us. We will do anything to keep that hurt dead and buried. It's a good thing to look back with the proper perspective. We should look at it as if we were advising someone else. It's only possible if we can remain indifferent. One positive note is that it is the acknowledgement of these things that keep us safe in the present. It makes us more cautious about who we trust.


If you burn your hand while playing with matches, the next time you use them you'll be very careful when you light the match.



There comes a time when you have to turn around and look at your past and decide if it's going to dictate your future. We can't do anything about the past experiences that we had but we can do something about today. Some of the problem is that everything is colored by the past and we don't want to test it to see if we'll still have the same reaction. So the cycle continues and the past continues to haunt us. We miss some of the joy of the present. If we keep looking at the match as something that burns us, we'll miss the warmth of the fire it makes.





So we move on and hopefully let the past stay where it belongs. In the past. My hope for myself is that I learn a little self forgiveness and stop letting the past color my present and and learn to stop second guessing my future. I should let God do what he does best and stop thinking that I know for certain what that is. I have to learn to stop kicking myself and move on. I don't have a lot of regret. I mean, I wish I hadn't done some of the things I did and I've been ashamed but regret? Not so much. After all, I have learned something from my mistakes. Hopefully, I've learned enough to not make the same mistakes twice.


Let's hope so.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!