Tuesday, February 24, 2015

TWO OLD GOATS ESSENTIAL OIL LOTION REVIEW










I read about it.
It sounded kind of interesting.
So, I contacted the owner.


It still surprises me that people respond the way they do. I sent an email letting the owners of the company that I would be reviewing their product. I also ask them for additional information that would be helpful for the review. Honestly, I don't expect a response. They probably get tons of requests and I just don't expect much.

We were on the phone 45 minutes.
It was a great conversation.

What absolutely floored me is that they cannot call it an "Arthritis and Fibromyalgia" Essential Lotion anymore. Get this. You can lodge a complaint with the FDA and it can be a totally fabricated one. Like the one lodged against this company allegedly from a competitor. The FDA swoops in "to protect the public." Now, a small company has to change all of the packaging because of a bogus complaint. That's an enormous cost. What kills me is that the FDA allows medications and other formulations that have TONS of side effects on the market.

Protecting the public??
From lotion and soap?????
Give me a break.

I was on Facebook and someone in one of the forums happened to mention Two Old Goats lotion. The comments about the products were positive so I decided I'd try them out. I went to the website and then checked out Amazon. I'm a Prime member so I get free shipping. Anyway, I ordered the product off Amazon. This was before I had spoken with one of the owners of the company. I got the soap, body wash, balm and lotion. I wanted to make sure that I tried everything. Plus, I like to layer my products. I do this with everything. I buy soaps, lotions and even deodorant that matches my scent du jour.

I love the bath. One of my problems is that I own a jetted tub and have a habit of closing my eyes and opening them to bubbles galore descending onto the bathroom floor. I know you're not supposed to add ANYTHING to the tub but I have NEVER listened.

So, with the soap in hand I shuffle off to the bath. I was SO SURPRISED!!! First of all, the smell of the products is very pleasant but the scent doesn't stay on your skin. It leaves just a fragrance that I can only describe as "clean." I really like the smell and, to me, it's combination of lavender and eucalyptus. Here's the thing.......it didn't make bubbles galore!! It lathers wonderfully and dissipates in the tub. I have found a soap that I can use!!

Hooray!!!!

I've given it three weeks. I've used all of the products and I can honestly say that they made me feel better. My hands are a real problem area for me and it helped. I don't know whether it will work for everyone but I really loved these products and I will definitely order them again. 

It contains Lavender, Chamomile, Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Peppermint and Birch Bark. Lavender and Chamomile are relaxants. Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Peppermint have anti-inflammatory properties and Birch Bark is an analgesic. 

When you see the products on the website now you will see that the Fibromyalgia and Arthritis Lotion has been taken off and it's now just called an Essential Oil Lotion. It really irritates me that someone can lodge a bogus complaint against anything and bring the wrath of the FDA down upon your doorstep and you'd better comply. They don't give you a time frame. You just better change everything and then they will take their sweet time in getting back to you about those changes.

I get that the public needs to be protected.

There's a lot of garbage out there.

But when the claim is unsubstantiated???

Protecting the public??

What a crock.

I have to say that I LOVE the products and will order them again.

Even if they didn't give me relief I'd still order them.

It's that bath thing and an FDA thing.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!