Thursday, March 29, 2012

BOZO COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT BETTER







I don't think I need a byline for this.
It says it all.


I've encountered all sorts of attitudes from the medical profession since my diagnosis in 2009. Some of it has been welcomed and some of it skeptical but nothing compares to my doctor visit yesterday.

I had scheduled a wellness visit. It was time for my annual physical exam and blood work. It turned out that my regular physician was ill but another doctor in the clinic was available. Since I was there I didn't see the harm and said OK.

Big mistake.

We were going through my medications and he asked about the Zanaflex. It's used for the muscle spasms that I get at night. When I told him about them and the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia this clown looked me in the eye and said, "Well, I'm not going to write THAT down." I was absolutely stunned. I have never encountered such blatant disregard in my life. I told him that he most certainly would write that down and that he needed to go back to medical school. 

That got his attention.

I told him that whether he liked it or not Fibromyalgia is real and recognized. What is it with some people? Why the absolute stance that it isn't real? It just can't be that it can't be cured. This guy looked at me like I was an idiot. Where does this come from? The good thing is that I'm far enough along from my diagnosis to deal with a clown like this. What do people do who encounter this from the onset of symptoms? I could see, for the first time, what it's like to deal with this issue. 

It's wrong.
It's hurtful.
It's against their Hippocratic oath.

All I can say is this needs to stop. I am going to advise my doctor of this clowns attitude towards me and his refusal to write down all of my medical conditions. 

What an idiot.

I'm sure he has ancestor's that can be traced.

Probably back to the Salem witch trials.