Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I SHOULD WORK AT COSTCO








I've said it before.
I'll say it again.
I LOVE THIS STORE!


I got hooked on Costco years ago. Even though I didn't have a large household, I'd by toilet paper, paper towels, detergent and all that kind of stuff there. I didn't even look at the other items UNTIL a woman showed me some book cases that she bought  and they were $99.99. I still have them and they're gorgeous. Ever since then, I've been a Costco junkie. Did I say junkie? It goes way beyond that.

If you ask me where I bought something, more often than not, I'm going to say Costco.
Why?
I'll tell you.

Sometimes I buy stuff and it stays in the boxes or it looks good and I don't end up using it. That's kind of what happened with my shredder. I put it in the closet in my office. Kind of an out of sight - out of mind sort of thing. When I moved it went to storage and then I set it up in my boyfriends office. The first time he went to use it after his shredder went out, mine didn't work either.

He asked the magical question.
"Where did you buy it?"
Duh...........

OK....we load it up in the car and off to Costco we go. Now, I'm really excited....I know it's dumb but it's like going to Nordstrom for me. I can always find something to buy. YAY!!

Back to the story.....

I get in the return line and I get to tell my story. "Hi, I bought this shredder and it's mostly been unused and in storage. When I plugged it in, it wouldn't work. I don't know if you can help me because I'm not sure when I bought it."

She calmly looks at me and says, "when do you think you bought it?"

I'm thinking........I'm thinking.......

"Maybe a year or two ago??"

She looks at the shredder and it is still in pristine condition.....it was really hardly ever used and she says, "let me look it up."

OK.....I'm waiting.....it's a good 4-5 minutes and she comes back.

"You bought it in 2007"

OH MY GOODNESS......I was in shock! 
"2007????? I'm so sorry! Can I just leave it up here while I shop?? Again, I'm SO SORRY!!"

Now, get this..........she looks at me quizzically and says......

"YOU DON'T WANT TO RETURN IT???????" (caps are mine)

Now, I am in shock. I said, "you're kidding, right?" 
Nope...she wasn't kidding......

She returned it and gave me the equivalent amount on a cash card and sent my beyond shocked fanny on my way. 

Do you believe that????

It cemented my belief that those stores who stand behind their products and treat their employees well will thrive. It's a basic business premise that has been forgotten by bean counters than only look at the bottom line. 

Why do I shop at Costco and Nordstrom? Because they care. They care about their customers and it shows. Plus, they sell QUALITY. 

By the way.......the meat at Costco is UNBELIEVABLE. Just get one of those little vacuum sealers and you're good to go.

Yep, I got that at Costco too!

Okay....I spend waaaay too much money there but, hey.....it's Costco!

I just had to share this story! It's too good!!!! 








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!