- HealClick is completely free and will always be.
- We are a site created for patients by patients. Our co-founders tried to find a site that filled their needs for social support and medical information sharing. After they couldn't find what they were looking for they decided to just make it themselves.
- Our site is for patients only. We don't recruit Doctors or researchers because we want to hear directly from patients about what works for them and what doesn't.
- Matching is what sets us apart. Our site tells gives you a percentage match to every other member. This way you know at a glance how similar you are with regards to your diagnosis, symptoms, and even treatments.
- Start any kind of topic. If you have a question or an experience to share, we want to hear it.
- Review any type of treatment. Tell us about your experience, and compare your results with others.
- Our site offers unique social support. The founders, writers, and community managers are all patients.We foster a positive and caring atmosphere where people can share lighthearted humor and successes as well as support each other through hard times and setbacks.
- The medical information that our members provide won't go to waste; it will be used to fuel new research! We will share the anonymize data with researchers that we believe have patients best interests in mind. More information on how we de-identify data here: http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/privacy/hipaa/understanding/coveredentities/De-identification/guidance.html
- Privacy is incredibly important to us. Not just with regards to data for research, but with the entire site. Usernames, pictures, and profiles will never be made available to the public.
I think this is really necessary.
And I think this is really visionary!