Friday, October 10, 2014

500 POSTS AND COUNTING









500.
I can't believe it.
Thank you.


When I first started blogging it was mainly for me. It was a way to find out what was going on in my body and also as kind of a journal. Writing has always been therapeutic for me so when I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I wanted to know as much as I could and keep track of what I learned. Little did I know what "I really do miss myself" and subsequently, "Seeking Equilibrium" would turn out to be. It's a place where I would "meet" some of the most wonderful friends I've had the privilege to have in my life.

Isn't it wild to have friends you've never met face to face?
And yet they are.

I've met CDT's (canine dog therapists) and their humans. I've met wonderful people in New York, North Carolina and Washington State. I've met wonderful people in Canada and England! We've never met face to face but I can assure you that we've met heart to heart. We have different backgrounds but a shared common purpose. We have different challenges that we've faced before in our lives but we have the same challenges that we continue to face. We have different life experiences but we have the same desire to go back to the life we once knew.

I've learned that we are not alone in this fight. 

I have found so many joys in blogging. Not only have I been able to open myself up and write about experiences that are either depressing or embarrassing but I've also been able to open up and ask for help. That, for me, is huge. I enjoy looking for new comments because feedback is wonderful.

You know what's funny? 

You start something for you and then someone comments. 

Then they follow you. 

All of a sudden you realize it hasn't been for you all along. 

What a blessing.

Onward...........''













0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!