Tuesday, September 6, 2011

WHO PULLED THE PLUG










I've been feeling a little better.
Then somebody pulled the plug.


It's true. I had a pretty bad summer and I've been dreading the monsoon season. Funnily enough, I began to feel better. 

Then the bottom dropped out.

I went to dinner and pressed one of the trigger points near my shoulder. I nearly came up out of my seat. What possessed me to do that, I'll never know. I then proceeded, just in case I didn't catch it the first time, to do it again. I figured I would be in big trouble today.

And I was.

I slept well, which was unusual, but when I got up every muscle, every bone and every joint was screaming in unison. I tried everything I knew to get moving but no go. Screw it, I took the pain medication and headed off to the gym. I am committed to it and I'm going to see it through. They say exercise helps with the pain.

They lie.

Exercise has not helped the pain. The pain is there no matter what I do. Now, the level of pain is a different story. Today, as I was walking I wanted to cry. Today everything was on overload and today, I had a lot to do.

I bought a barbecue at Costco and it doesn't work so it has to go back. Then I bought a replacement at Walmart and needed a truck to pick it up. That needed to be done. I needed my hair done. All of this on a day that my body was telling me to just go back to bed and put the covers over my head.

I couldn't do it.

So tonight, I'm slithering into a bath and crying because I overdid it.

By a long shot.

No one pulled the plug.

I did it to myself.