Saturday, February 11, 2012

EQUILIBRIUM, SORT OF









Equilibrium.
The fine art of balance.
Between holding on and letting go.


I've spent the last few weeks in hell. Moving, boxing, purging, throwing, giving and realizing that there is just a time to let go. I've started going through the thousands of emails and realized how fortunate I am that I have so many friends that sent me such wonderful notes of encouragement. I can't wait to get back to them and let them know how much that meant. I went through days in a literal blur. I felt like I was swinging back and forth and the swings were long and deep.

Finally, it's all over.

I've moved in and feel like my life is back to somewhat normal. Well, let me rephrase that. I've never been normal but I'm back to being me again. You know what's weird? All those things that I couldn't live without.......I don't miss. In fact, I couldn't even tell you what's in that huge POD that I packed. I still have way too much crap and when I finally unpack it I will probably toss a ton more. 

So I'm starting to relax.
Somewhat.


I think I need to put consistency back in my life. I've been neglecting the gym and I need to start hitting it every morning. It may hurt to get on that treadmill but it does help. Not with the actual pain but it helps my self esteem and it definitely helps the way I look it my clothes. I find comfort in schedules and predictability so, maybe, if I bring it back into my life I will feel better. 


I do hate one thing.
The bathtub.


It is beyond me how there is even a bathtub in existence on the planet that is so shallow that it doesn't cover you with water. How pathetic!! Plus the water pressure is almost non-existent. I think the water flow gauge on the shower head will have to be rebuilt. Also, there is hard water and I hate it. So let me get this straight, I hate the tub, I hate the shower, I hate that there isn't a doggie door and I hate that I can hear every noise in this place.


Do I sound like a ungrateful princess?
Yes.


Let me tell you.....the bath is one of my few real pleasures. I love to read and take long soaks in the tub. I had a spa tub and I was in it every night. It won't happen in this tub. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.


Hey!


I am getting back to normal!!


Whine, bitch, moan and complain.........


Yep.........back to normal!


Cool!