Sunday, February 24, 2013

THE INFLUENZA SMACKDOWN







Sick as a dog.
That's what I've been.
Where in the world did that come from?

I was doing a little better pain-wise. It had been rough lately and I was hoping for a little reprieve. 

Not so fast.

It started as a couple of sneezes and a some sniffles. It didn't take long for me to start feeling like crapola and thus I entered the whiny stage of the past few weeks. Oh, who am I kidding?  I hate feeling weak and sick. I can handle the pain business but when you put the flu on top of Fibromyalgia....well......it isn't pretty.

We have enough trouble with muscle aches and spasms. 
Like I always say.....
Let's add a tiara.

Anyway, I was in a curled-up-in-a-ball-go-away-world-and-leave-me-alone frame of mind so I haven't wanted to do anything...even write. I'm not well yet and I'm on the second round of antibiotics. One of the fun things about the flu is the secondary infections. I hate taking antibiotics because they have a weird effect on me. The only way I can describe it is that I feel kind of other-worldly. It's not truly dizzy because I'm not actually swirling but it's weird.

By the way, where did the phrase "sick as a dog" come from? Why use the pups?

I think the dogs get a bum rap.

Let's see......

Sick as a dog.....

Dog tired......

Every dog has its day....

Go to the dogs......

Wait.....that's actually a comforting thought.

Buster-Boo-Boo, I'm coming back to bed.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!