Tuesday, April 8, 2014

THE FIBROMYALGIA SERIES PART Y








We still wish we had our old lives back.
I don't think that ever leaves us.
But we can still have a meaningful one.



Y - is for yearning. Yes, I still struggle with the loss of my career. I loved new home sales, however,  I struggle with it less than I did a year ago. I think we all have that but reality sometimes dictates otherwise. 

Y - is for yawning. I do that a lot. Fatigue is one of the twins (what I like to call pain and fatigue) that plague my life. Like a lot of people with Fibromyalgia, I also have Chronic Fatigue and Autoimmune Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. Between all of these ailments I have trouble knowing what to attribute to what. No matter what......I still don't get refreshing sleep and I'm always very tired.

Y - is for yourself.  We must take care of ourselves. Sometimes we feel guilty that we can't do things we may have planned or things that need to be done. We need to listen to our bodies and be good to ourselves. Mentally, physically and spiritually. 

Y - is for yoga. Stretching is good for our body. We need to keep the muscles moving even though it may hurt. Exercise is one of the things that we must do. Yoga, Tai Chi is two ways that we can be good to our bodies and keep it in shape.

Y - is for yield. Sometimes we have to bow to the inevitable. One of the hardest things I had to learn is, "if you push you will pay." I still have trouble remembering that but it is important to yield to your bodies demands. It's tempting to do too much when a good day comes around but it is important not to do too much. (although sometimes it is worth it!!!)

Y - is for yell. There are times we just have to. Fibromyalgia can really piss us off. I say that built up stress isn't good for you so.........when everyone leaves the house......close the door and release all that pent up frustration. I yell at Fibromyalgia a lot. It helps because I don't end up yelling at everyone else!

Y - is for yucky. I hate those days. The twins have taken up residence and all I want to do is curl up in bed cause I feel just yucky, yucky, yucky.

Y - is for yellow. The sun is a beautiful yellow so when the weather allows, go outside and soak up that glorious sunshine. It helps your mood and gives us Vitamin D. Take  a short walk and feel the warmth on your skin.

Y - is for young-at-heart. It doesn't matter how old our body feels and that we creak like a 100 year old person. It's OK because we can still think young. Learn a new skill and keep your brain active. Read, learn technology.....it keeps you young.

Y - is for yummy. .........

Personally?

I like ice cream......

Some is good.....

more is better.....

and too much?

Is just enough.......





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!