Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015? REALLY?








Wow!
The days turn into weeks.
Turn into months.
Turn into years.


I must be getting old because time is moving much faster than I'd like. I can't believe another year has gone by. It seems like yesterday that I was reading about the calamities of Y2K and seeing the horror of 9-11. 

Where has it gone?

On the other hand, it seems like I've been in pain forever. I know that I was a person that didn't pay attention to symptoms and aches. I just don't remember that person; she's become a blur. I've always mourned that girl but as time goes on the reminder of her is diminished and the pain girl has taken her place. 

Why is that?

Is it because I've finally gone through those dreaded stages of grief and come to the acceptance phase? That doesn't sound good to me for some unknown reason. I've always been one that fought against the status quo. Is that the reason? Am I no longer fighting? That disturbs me.

So what have I written in years past? 

"First, I resolve to be a little more accepting of me. I know, I make this resolution every year but I think I need to be reminded of this every year.  OK, so I have limitations and pain kind of reminds me on a daily basis that it's there but......... 

Next, I need to be a little kinder to my body. I know that if I push I will pay but I still do it. I want to get things DONE! It's that pesky old Type A personality that has plagued me since birth that keeps coming out but..........

Also, I need to be patient and not make myself crazy because I'm frustrated. I need to stop and think "this too shall pass." No, I'm not going to get my wonderful memory back. It falls under the category of "oh well". 

What does this tell me?

It tells me that I don't listen to myself.

I shouldn't make resolutions.

And some things just don't change.

What would I tell you?

I would tell you to have a happy new year.

Let's hope for a year of peace.

Let's all be a little kinder to each other.

(ok, I stole that from Ellen)

Here's to 2015!







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!