Tuesday, August 31, 2010

WALKING ON BROKEN GLASS








One step forward.
Two steps back.
No matter which way I go,
each step hurts.


Another post where I start out whining again.  When I wake up in the morning and feel the ever familiar stiffness I know that it will take awhile to get moving. What I hadn't banked on is when I put my feet on the floor and nearly fall over because the bottom of my feet hurt so much.  It's right at the arch and it's excruciating. I have to be careful how much weight I put on them right away because I'd lose my balance. As I gingerly take those first few steps toward the kitchen to get the necessary morning caffeine, I want to cry.

It's awful to start your day out in pain.

I know this is a typical symptom of Fibromyalgia. Pain can be all over your body and it can decide to settle in parts of your body. My pain has been pretty bad lately. I'm real fatigued and my hands and feet hurt on top of all that other pain. I've kept the pain cream at the side of the bed and I could probably go through a jar of that a week. Lately, the muscle spasms have been occurring on a nightly basis. Those are awful!!

Is anyone else going through this kind of thing?

It's been hard to focus as well. I find myself forgetting things even more right now. Yesterday, I was in the grocery store and, all of a sudden, I totally lost my train of thought. I couldn't remember what I went in to the store to get. I had to stop and just try to focus for a few minutes. I felt frustrated and angry! I stood there looking at the vegetables trying to remember what I needed. Finally, it came to me but it took some time. Trust me, the broccoli wasn't worth the lost feeling I felt standing in the middle of the store. I've been trying to eat well and cut out sugar but all I wanted at that point was chocolate.

I've got emails to answer and I just can't seem to get to them. If anyone has written to me, I will get there. I'm just in slow motion. I value the emails and comments and want to answer them.

Don't give up on me, I may give up on myself at times but hang in there. 

It feels like I'm walking on broken glass.

I love having Fibromyalgia...........(can't you just hear the sarcasm dripping???)








5 comments:

  1. Wishing you an abundance of spoons. *gentle hugs* Fibro does indeed suck and this has been an awful year for it. I hope you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, bingo, I have the same exact problem..mornings are excruciating at time..My rheumatologist told me that is a very common symptom of Fibro..doesn't help the pain but hopefully will help to know you are not alone..you and I are in the sametime zone and probably hobbling for our caffeine about the same time each morning..lol..
    and then I have days my skin hurts. it kind of moves around on me at times..
    hang in there girl..

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosemary,
    I have had a really tough time lately as well. Sometimes I am in control and at times, like now, I am not and it seems to get harder and harder to come back from the downward spiral as I age. I know your honest words are helping others by expressing things that may be difficult for them to share. So keep it up. Oh and one more thing, chocolate is a drug, a really good drug and the Rx is "use as needed". Just make sure it is the best dark stuff. Loveya, Maryn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Maryn....It is a LOT harder to recover from the "black hole" as I call it. Thanks for the okay for the scrip for chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a friend who has Fibro. She has such a tough time of it and mornings are the worst for her.


    I have become a new follower from National Invisible Cronic Illness Awareness Week. I would appreciate it if you would stop over and check out my blog, Possibly become a follower.

    Hope you have a great week. Terry

    My Journey With Candida
    http://myjourneywithcandida.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!