Saturday, August 6, 2011

LETS ACT UP A LITTLE








Just one more thing.
Just what I needed.
Super-dooper.

It started when Mr. H died. I went to the closet and got a big towel so that I could wrap him gently for his last ride in the car. The problem is that I lifted him without bending my legs. He weighed almost 30 pounds and I'm sure that's what started the pain in my back going from a slight twinge to voodoo pain in the matter of twenty-four hours.

To top it off I continued to walk on the treadmill at the gym. 
I figured it wouldn't matter. 
Wrong.

This morning it was difficult to get into an upright position. Now, I know that's laughable because I always say, "sitting upright? Call me wacky!" but it was hard to stand. So, what did I do? I slugged down a pain pill and went to the gym and walked.

Stupid.

I spent an enjoyable day with my daughter and her friends at the pool. I came home and got right into bed praying that the muscle relaxers will work. I don't know if it was the stress of H's passing along with the lifting but whatever it was that triggered this, well, it can just stop right now. I don't have time for my back to decide to act up.

Is there a part of my body that doesn't need a massage?

Nope.

Tomorrow, instead of being stubborn and making this worse, I think I'm going to just stay in bed. As boring as that sounds it's something that I need to do.

I hope I can listen to my body and just do what it's telling me to do.

Stay horizontal.

And don't be stupid.

Let's hope because I haven't been able to learn that lesson yet.