Saturday, February 13, 2010

ENGLISH CLASS SO MANY YEARS AGO






I am certain that there are defining moments in life. 


I am also just as certain that we let some of those moments slip back into our memory banks.


Years go by and we sometimes lose touch with those who were such an important part of our lives. What was precious and wonderful still brings a wistful smile to my face and a wish that for just one moment I could be back in English class with a group of guys that were, to me, the best group of guys in the whole world.

We spent times memorizing Hamlet. I can still recite most of my soliloquy. "To be or not to be, that is the question..."  We spent times breaking into uncontrollable laughter.  To one, I was his favorite Jew and the other wrote that I was a very special Rose. To me he was not only my number one Senior boy but my friend. It was three special people that had a bond that lasts until this day. No matter how much time has passed, no matter what has happened in our lives, the moment we re-connected time went away and we were once again the three that could laugh and share a special point in our lives.

It was a high point in my life to learn that one read this blog and that it touched his heart because many years ago he touched mine.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!