Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'VE GOT ONE NERVE LEFT AND YOU'RE GETTING ON IT








It's going to be another long night.
Again.


When I checked the humidity levels a few moments ago, it registered 52%. Now I know that our memories play all sorts of tricks on us, but I swear, this year has been the most humid that I can remember. Maybe I just notice it more but I think I'm going to hunt for a chart and see if I'm right. I want to curl up in my ever-present fetal position.  I've become quite comfortable curled up with my heating pad. Thank goodness I force myself to get  up and put on makeup otherwise I can see how people pull the covers over their heads and just stay in bed.

I went with a dear friend today to sit through a timeshare presentation. That's one business I could not handle.  They come in smiling and call you "bro" and "lady."  They ask about your vacations and try to pull off some sort of investigation. Then you see a wonderful movie that's designed to put you under the ether. (It didn't work) Then  we went on a tour to see a couple of rat hole rooms that you'll end up paying about 5 grand a year (do you believe that one?) The pitch is that over time (reduce it to the ridiculous) you'll pay around 60 dollars a night. When we did the numbers for him and then pointed out that we were fronting the money for services not received, it was still about 5 grand a year and for that we could take an amazing vacation, he got very ANGRY. Boy, was he ticked when we left. I don't understand how people buy into the timeshare racket.  It didn't help that I was hurting and he was really getting on my nerves. I don't like phonies and today just wasn't the day to push it.

The only part I did like was that I got to play with him and use all sorts of big words that he didn't understand. I'm joking about the big words but he didn't understand elementary real estate. All he did was memorize the pitch. It wasn't a real good pitch either. Believe it or not, I had to compare this to a $25,000 gift card. Finally, he got what I was saying.

It is a tough business though. I couldn't do it. I can't deliberately screw someone just to pick up a commission. Real estate gets a bad rap but at least I can look myself in the mirror and know that the people who bought homes from me were happy and I made a difference in their lives. This is just a screw job.

So now I'm paying for my lovely outing. I've already taken the medication, melatonin and muscle relaxers and I'm still not sleepy.  My body is screaming and the spring of pain is winding tighter and tighter. 

I'm in a very pissy mood and I don't want to hear whining right now. Especially my own. Ever have those days where its just best that you're alone? I don't think anyone could even breathe right.  So I think I'll put on a movie and see if I have the patience to sit through it. If my hands felt better I'd try to shake off this mood by cleaning. I'll make a deal with myself. If I'm still awake at 2 I will get up and clean, hurting hands or not.

I hope tomorrow will be better. The rain is supposed to hit Saturday afternoon. Maybe then I'll get a break.

Sweet dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!