Friday, January 29, 2010

HERE WE GO AGAIN








63%


63 Fricking Percent!

This has been an unusual year with a number of  days where the humidity has been considerably higher than normal.

I just can't tell you what that does to me. Every time I take a step forward I take 3 steps back. I thought we were over the worst of it but when I was coming home this evening I felt my old familiar friend coming back.

Just a twinge in my hands.

That's all.

Just a twinge and an ache. Just enough to say hello and to tell me the barometer is rising and as it rises so will my pain.

I just better head it off now instead of fighting it and trying not to take pain medication. 

I mean........even on the weather channel they have the aches and pains forecast. Why should I be surprised? Weather has been affecting people since the dawn of time. A study that was published in the journal of rheumatology followed patients for one year and found that higher air pressure and humidity triggered pain.

So while I've been fighting the urge to put the covers over my head to try and forget the pain I think that for tomorrow I'll give in.

I'm going to go put my hands in hot wax and let the heat seep into my bones. I get a extra added bonus. Not only does it help the pain in my hands but it helps moisturize my skin.

I can't use my hands because of the pain but at least they're soft.





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!