Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEAR




New years day.


A time for reflection.


A time for resolution.


I really do try to keep my resolutions. I really do. I guess I'm just not a resolute kind of person. I make lists of things to do but, for some reason, I tend to forget that I have a list. Then when I forget that, everything else goes out the window.  It must be the brain fog that continually plagues me . 


Maybe this year I can remember that I want to lose the 25 lbs. that also vex my very soul. If it isn't bad enough that my self esteem has gone down the toilet, lets add a few pounds around my a** that will top it all off.


The immediate gratification problem has got to stop. I am addicted to peanut butter m&m's. I look at them and realize that they will end up right where I don't want them too but I feel powerless to control the craving. My endocrinologist told me this would happen until I got my thyroid under control. Salt and sugar cravings are a signal of hypothyroidism. I just think I should be stronger but it's a powerful craving. I wish I could forget these little buttons of joy just like I forget my lists. Right now, it isn't happening.


Tomorrow starts the diet day.


Tip #1


DO NOT BUY THE CANDY. IF I DON'T HAVE THEM I WON'T EAT THEM.












0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!