Thursday, June 11, 2009

STARTING FROM SCRATCH






It's lovely to hear that you're in sucky shape. It wasn't entirely unexpected but I did learn a few things.The good news is that they might be able to fix me. The bad news is that I'll have to take supplements ( a ton of them ) and I've never been real big on that one.

Apparently, I also have no reflexes in my right leg. That one just blew me away. I've been fine walking on it but it evidently has something to do with the most recent car accident. This is the accident where I was hit while at a complete stop by a man in a truck going over 25 miles per hour. I was lucky. If he had hit me an inch or two toward either side, it could have had a horrible outcome.

One of the first orders of business is sleep. I need to. I have something called alpha wave
intrusion. This is a marker of Fibromyalgia. Very simply your brain never goes to sleep. I wasn't taking the muscle relaxers along with the pain medication. I was always afraid I'd overdose. She put that silly misconception to rest. The amount that I take will not be harmful; quite the contrary, it will be very beneficial. As you can see, I'm not really a pill person even though I need to take them. I've been afraid of becoming dependent yet I'm very dependent on medication that will manage the pain I'm in.

Besides the pain, I think the worst thing about
Fibromyalgia is that I am a shell of my former self. As each day goes by a little piece of me gets lost in the fog. Beginning Monday, I'll be receiving IVs and having extensive blood work to see if we can get to the bottom of all this.

I've spent the last hour trying to figure out what I need to take and when. I had to go buy an industrial sized pill box to fit all the vitamins and supplements that I'm taking. Of course, I'll lose weight. By the time I take all the crap I have to take who in the heck will want to eat anything? Of course, there's always the ice cream that falls in that lovely medicinal
category.





I have a wonderful doctor. She's a straight shooter and spends a great amount of time getting to know you and figuring out what should be normal for you. I'll be hooked up to IVs to get nutrition to my cells on Monday and getting a pint of blood taken to go with the huge number of tests so that my thyroid, hormones and complete blood panel get examined. Even though I know Monday will be a very exhausting day, I still hold out the hope that this will do something to bring back the missing pieces of me.


I really do miss myself.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!