Monday, March 8, 2010

TRIP THE FIRST DOMINO




The humidity is still between 55 and 65%. I'm so sick of writing and whining about the weather. I wish it would change but I can't do anything about it. I'd love to wave a magic wand and change the weather to something more tolerable. While I'm at it I'd love to wave that wand over my whole life. Well, not my WHOLE life....just the health and financial section of it. Right now, that part really sucks.

I met with an attorney for my long term disability today. I finally felt some sort of validation. For the first time I didn't have to explain myself. To my amazement, he explained me to me. He understood and offered a glimmer of hope.  I wasn't sure I wanted to go the attorney route but fighting insurance companies takes everything out of you. I finally got to the point where I felt that I could relinquish control because of the simple fact that they are competent. In a city where there are flakes galore I found a firm that understands Fibromyalgia, insurance companies and the steps that need to be taken to finalize this mess. So now I have to be patient and wait this out. I guess I've waited this long so what's a few more months or six.

So now it's time to trip the domino. First to deal with the disability and then the car accident that seemed to start this fiasco. You see, that is one of the things that impressed me about the attorney I saw today. He didn't look surprised about the car accident. That lovely little car accident that took away my controlled little life and sent it spiraling into the chaotic world of doctors, attorney's, tests and pain management. They didn't seem surprised by that at all. To top it off, they gave me all the information on the support group for Fibromyalgia in Las Vegas. Tomorrow, I start trying to make contact with them. I can get involved and get the support that is needed with this illness.

So here I am getting on this roller coaster ride again. The ride that is thrilling but also makes you want to throw up. As long as I can see the light at the end of the tunnel I can bear getting back on this ride. I'm tired of keeping volumes of paperwork that includes all of my medical files. Oh, that's the other thing. I brought in one of my binders and he looked at me and said, "oh, another Type A personality with Fibromyalgia. I'll bet you've been this way all of your life, haven't you?" 

Bingo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!