Saturday, March 27, 2010

CHOCOHOLIC HEAVEN



I need a sugar fix.
Right now.


It looks good.
It tastes good.
It feels good.

If I get stressed I want chocolate. I don't care what form it's in either. Right now I'm a little stressed and I've been good for so long. I figure it's time for a snack.  Also, I'm not a chocolate snob. I'll eat Hershey Kisses (actually I like the ones with the cherry cordial centers) as well as Godiva and Ethel M's. You would think a quart of chocolate Haagen Daz ice cream would be pure nirvana but when it comes to ice cream I lean toward the vanilla. Literally.

Lately it seems that chocolate can do everything.  Lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, prevents cancer, it enhances memory and alertness and prevents heart disease. It seems that chocolate can fix anything that's wrong with you. At this point, it is noteworthy to add that research on some of these claims was funded by Mars (as in the candy bar). There have also been studies that claim chocoholics live longer than people who don't indulge. This sounds good to me!

Here's to a very long life!

Some of the benefits of chocolate come from resveratrol, an immune booster, which is also found in red wine. So far this is sounding better and better. One of the main benefits is that it releases endorphins and boosts seratonin levels in the brain. Seratonin promotes positive feelings and fends off depression.

So after convincing myself how good this is for me I think I'll give in to the emo eating urge and go for it. The problem is that I'd rather have milk chocolate than dark but maybe I can control the urge by eating just a little of the dark chocolate. 

Didn't Hershey make dark chocolate kisses? Oh.........peppermint patties and Mounds. Oh yeah, snickers just came out with a dark chocolate candy bar. Let's see........what else? Dove dark chocolate candy bars and dark chocolate m&m's. 

There's hope for me yet.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Rose,
    Gotta love that chocolate! I have a friend, a real academic, who actually has over twenty years worth of research on how or why chocolate is good for you. I've eaten chocolate from all over the world when I visit him. I can't afford the kind he buys but every time he sees me he gives me a bar of something special. Have you ever eaten cherry covered chocolate? OMG!!! Also, cherry covered blueberries and strawberries. OMG!!! Talk about some good dark chocolate! We have Southern Seasons here and they have like a warehouse full of chocolate! Any kind you could imagine. So I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me! I've had all sorts of issues with my computer. Long story but there's theft involved so I've had trouble posting. Hope you're well!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!