Friday, July 30, 2010

BOWLS AND BATTERIES



The humidity is still high.
The pain is still strong.
The bowls were calling.
My car had other plans.

I haven't felt good enough to do much of anything. I also haven't felt like seeing anyone either but one of my dear friends called and we made plans to head to a singing bowls class. These bowls emit sounds that are used for healing, relaxation and mental energy. 

I needed this class.
I needed the fellowship.

It was a bad night last night and I didn't get to sleep until 5. I guess all the muscle relaxers and pain medication hit it's threshold and decided to work a little bit. My room is dark so when I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion, I didn't wake up until 8.  I was able to go back to sleep after a little while and I slept until noon. I knew it would take me a while to get moving and then get ready so I started the process at two o'clock. 

Everything went as planned. 

I left the house at 4:15 in order to stop and get a diet coke and then make it to the class at five. Like I said, I was looking forward to this.

I put the keys in the ignition.
Zip.
Nada.
Nothing.
Unbelievable. 


So, I called Triple A and got the car battery jumped and drove it off to the dealership.  You know, I hate people that tell me what they think I want to hear. Now, I can see the line up of cars and it's getting late. I offered to leave the car and they could do it tomorrow. The clown at the service desk kept telling me it would be very quick and he'd have me out of there in no time. 

I should have listened to myself.

You see, I knew better. There was no way they'd have it done shortly. You know what time I finally got out of there? A little after seven o'clock and the attitude that I tried to lift out of the toilet went back in there. If he just would have said how long it would take, I would have had the shuttle take me back home or arranged a ride but, no, he had to give me the okey-doke shuffle. I guess I got a little pissy with him. Actually, I have pissy down to an art form.

Me?
Really?

So I not only missed my chance to see my girlfriend and go to a badly needed class, I had to deal with a clown at Nissan.

Did I also say it was still VERY humid?
Can you guess where my attitude still is tonight?
I hurt a lot.
But my car runs like a champ.





6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are still hurting. I hope tomorrow brings you some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this was a positive (albeit frustrating) metaphor for where you are in life: Bowls only can sing if your battery is charged enough to play them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Judy........Love this metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rose,
    I am gradually closing down the blogspot blog -- it's just too much for me with 2 blogs. The http://JudithWesterfield.wordpress.com blog will gradually absorb all the fibro posts (I've been inching that way for a couple of months).
    Wordpress has been more reliable for me.
    xxxxx Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rose this blogger won't let me talk to you :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems my little widgets with the hamster was causing an alert with google. I've removed them and now there shouldn't be any problem! Thank goodness!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!