Saturday, July 3, 2010

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS







Forget the whining
Forget the crying
Forget the pain
I am blessed.

This latest flare has been a real doozy and when that happens I just tend to go into hiding. I didn't want to write and that was kind of scary to me. I can't imagine not having this lifeline to my Fibro sisters. The problem was the pain. The pain that is so intense that it consumes you.  All I want to do is put the covers over my head and just stay in bed. 

I don't want to talk to anyone.
I don't want to see anyone.
I don't want anyone to see me.
Yep. 
That is just what I do.

Until I started blogging.

I've got a wonderful bunch of friends that won't let me go into hiding. Isn't that the coolest thing? I mean, how wonderful it is to have people that you've never met face to face care about your well-being? It's hard to find one friend in this world let alone a whole bunch of them. How many people can say they've got a whole bunch of friends that they've never met?  That's what is so wonderful about friendship. You don't have to meet face to face, although it would be nice, but you can meet heart to heart. If there is one thing about Fibromyalgia that I can be thankful for it is for an amazing group of people that has come into my life.

I would bet that most of them write posts about themselves and their pain that BF (before Fibromyalgia) they would never before have divulged to the world at large. There's something about writing that opens your soul and you can pour out all the pain and hurt without fear. What that openness brings is like-minded people that can see you without the walls. I know, as far as I go, that would have never happened before. I'm not a real trusting person and it's amazing to me how much of myself I share with others in my blog. It makes me feel so much better when I open up my blog and find comments from my friends. It is so touching when they make sure that I'm okay. I can't tell you how much it means to me. 

I think that one day we should all go on a cruise. The Fabulous Fibro Cruise! We could all meet and have a few days to kick back and have fun.  I think they should have a huge room filled with comfy beds so we can just hang out and talk without being confined in our room. Wouldn't that be cool?

Anyway, I have to go to the in-laws tomorrow and my plan is to just float in the pool all day.  I can definitely move to do that! I hope you all have a wonderful independence day and please be safe. Thank you so much for all your care and concern and know that I care just as much about you and your well-being.

In my pain I have found my relief.
In my lack I have found abundance.
And it's all because of my friends.

Yep, I get by with a little help from my friends.






6 comments:

  1. I will pray hard for you on Tuesday--Enjoy the pool--Don't forget the sunscreen!--Good luck with the email demons, too.

    Be good and stay out of trouble!
    Hugs,
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! ENJOY THE POOL! THAT SOUNDS WONDERFUL! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose!
    Well, not to want to write you sure wrote well. Thank you for sharing. I hide too when I can't get rid of the pain and what else can we do when we are so fatigued we just can't manage to dress and get out even if we wanted to? I wish I felt like going out tonight -- way out to the country where the fireworks are less. I may if I can find some energy to drive.
    I'd sure like to be sitting at a pool! I guess I could go with my son. He goes all the time to a nice nearby outdoor pool but I've never been.
    Well, if you get this before, then Happy 4th! Otherwise, I'll look forward to your safe and speedy (smiles) return.
    Your fibro sister who is all for that cruise. Dang these bills!
    In gratitude and friendship,
    dogkisses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't just float.
    Swim a bit
    and gloat!

    with love,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL post! I was not wanting to see anyone or let anyone see me until I discovered blogging too! It's a truly powerful tool.

    Hope all is as well as possible!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I never blogged until my fibro hit me. The ultimate dream would be to go on a Fibro Cruise with a room full of beds and pillows to hang out together on. And do not forget the warm pools to relax in. I think the online fibro networks have saved us all from insanity.
    ((hugs))
    Teia

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!